Drawing from my experience as a former Microsoft Office instructor and self-taught book designer, if it can be done the wrong way, I’ve either done it or seen it done. There were many “Holy mackerel!” moments when the realization of just how wrong I had been doing things hit me full force. These moments were followed by much rejoicing that I now had the knowledge, and, as we all know, knowledge is power. And when knowledge becomes “knowledge squared”, hours are saved on each project. I know that I don’t have to elaborate at the joy of recovering those hours for other uses.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
Self-publishing doesn’t mean having to do it all by yourself. At minimum, an editor will need to be incorporated into the mix. My speaking will focus on selecting the right team, key elements to ensuring a professional end product, and streamlining your workflow process.
- A 1 Hour Speaking Session will focus on an overview of working with self-publishing service providers and how you can best work as a team to get your book published with professional results in a low-stress manner. There is a lot that goes into turning out a quality self-published book, and I will speak for a solid hour on this multi-faceted process. I am always happy to answer questions after the session.
- A 4 Hour Speaking Session will allow 2.5 hours of time to go into each of the topics covered in the 1 Hour session in full-depth, two 15-minute breaks, and allow 1 hour for Q&A and demonstrations.
- A Full Day Workshop will include the 4 Hour Speaking Session in the morning, a break for lunch, and will end with a 4 hour hands-on workshop. Each attendee is encouraged to bring their laptop and their own files. We will work toward completing a basic CreateSpace-ready interior, a Kindle version, and demonstrate how to get these properly uploaded while avoiding errors. Ideally, workshops will be limited to 10 hands-on attendees per session. I want to make sure that everyone gets all of the help that they need.
- A Two Day Workshop will be just like the Full Day Workshop but I can accommodate 3 groups of 10 in the workshop sessions by rotating the groups of 10 in 4 hour increments: afternoon of the first day, morning of the second day, afternoon of the second day.
- I’m open to discussing other formats.
Thank you for considering me for your event. My business started out of a desire to help others and that remains at its core. Contact me today to see how I can best benefit your group.