FULL SERVICE BOOK DESIGN
It’s hard to list everything that transpires throughout the full-service book design process, but here are the foundational pieces.
Step 1: Dropbox Share is Set Up
Perhaps one of the biggest benefits of working with me is that I handle all of the file management through this whole process, using Dropbox as the central headquarters.
- Clients have immediate access to anything that I create.
- I will properly package all of my design files so you can have them should you ever need them.
- Files are named in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Even if the client doesn’t use Dropbox, I will work with them to obtain/send files through email, but I will still maintain a Dropbox folder for the project.
Step 2: Design the Cover
- The author and I work together to sculpt a full cover for the book that is a win for the reader, the author, and designer. Learn more about my win-win-win cover design process.
- Once the cover design has been finalized, I generate
Step 3: Design the Interior
- The author sends me their edited and ready-for-formatting manuscript.
- I do a sample formatting of the first portion of the book, and when we get any wrinkles ironed out, I complete the formatting of the whole book.
- The author will have an opportunity to review the interior of the book and submit any corrections before we order a print proof. Usually the book will go through two line-edit revisions before the print proof is ordered.
- Digital ARCs (Advance Reader Copies) can be created at this point if needed.
Step 4: Finalizing the Project
- The files for print are initially uploaded to one platform of the author’s choice to begin the print proof process.
- One more round of revisions are completed after the author has reviewed the book in print.
- Final files are generated for print and for epub.
- Uploads to all platforms are completed, and the author is ready to follow the rest of their marketing plan.
Is this just what you’ve been looking for? Schedule a call today.